Wednesday, February 20, 2013

The speakers these past two weeks were awesome. It's so wonderful to see people really dedicated to what they do, but more importantly to want to help out others. They both made me so pumped to go start a fundraiser; especially on one on the Bethlehem House. Gah! Their campaign was so amazing and uplifting! I wanted to give her money right after the video!

Now it's time to work on my ideas. Thank goodness for the days off!

2 comments:

  1. I hope you were able to implement the passion and the professional expertise, showcased by our guest speakers, into your own fundraising project. If you can successfully convey your non-profit's mission through your writing, then people will want to give you money, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have also really enjoyed all of the speakers. It has really helped to get real-world perspectives. I guess for me I'd probably be like, "who DOES THIS with their life?" (especially grant writing), but seeing the speakers has made me think, "wow, these seem to be normal people, maybe it's not sooooo bad." ;)
    So far, they've been really helpful and informative, so yeah, I've been glad to get these outside perspectives along with our class discussions.

    ReplyDelete