Thursday, January 24, 2013

This is very new to me. 

I've never been involved in a non profit organization. It's not that I haven't been interested, It's just never crossed my mind. I guess it's a bit of ignorance. There are many things I'm passionate about. It just never got past reblogging or liking on Facebook. 

 I'm a little scared in all honesty. I don't want to come off a naive to my classmates. They all seem twelve steps ahead. But I've always loved a challenge and already I know it's going to be one.

That's why This blog is called Beginning of Advocacy. For many reason this is my beginning. This blog will be a lot like a journey. I want to talk about all of the struggles and up sides of this semester within this class. Not just for me, but for any one else wanting to write but not sure how to help. 

It's gonna be a doosie... that's all I know.

2 comments:

  1. I think many people are in your shoes (and some in the class-like me-are REALLY only BABY steps ahead IF THAT).

    The journey of discovering your voice, figuring out how loud you can yell (without having a coughing fit), and realizing what's worth fighting for are all worthy of a blog. This makes for great story potential!

    You already set the stage for being this underdog that I just want to yell "whoop whoop" for and rotate my arm in an Arsenio Hall fashion (but you're probably too young to know who that is or what I'm talking about!).
    I'd be willing to bet that by the end of the semester we'll be reading this blog and hearing the Chariots of Fire theme song in the backs of our heads as you like get all amazing on us, crossing some unseen finish line of the advocacy blogosphere...and beyond.
    Who doesn't love an underdog...I'm already waiting for the next post! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What I meant to say after my first sentence is that I to am learning here. And, I think what makes this so cool is getting to enjoy the process along the way. That's what makes learning so fun--the journey.
    I didn't mean to make it sound like anyone else was a beginner--but just that I AM A BEGINNER TOO, and I too feel under qualified...
    ;)

    ReplyDelete